At Bohler, we empower the ambitious to become the accomplished. This greater purpose connects us with like-minded professionals, fosters meaningful relationships, and generates the alignment necessary to produce an unrivaled consulting and employment experience.
Our West Hartford, CT office is looking for a Chief Engineer who embodies this purpose.
What You’ll Do:
As a senior-level Chief Engineer (Subject Matter Expert), at Bohler, you will serve as the resident guru in the site design process by:
- Directing the overall design and plan production philosophy, processes, and Quality Management (QA/QC) roadmap for projects across various industries including residential, commercial, and industrial including:
- Helping our design staff perfect their technical site design knowledge and “hands-on” plan preparation experience through side-by-side training in stormwater management, utility design, grading approaches, risk management strategies, and the local jurisdictional approval process
- Being a true technical adviser and partner to our clients, listening to their needs and providing technical expertise, creative solutions, and value engineering during concept, design, and construction phases to help them accomplish their development goals
- Providing recommendations on individual projects to mitigate risk for our clients throughout design, construction, and facility use
- Peer-reviewing plans
What We Offer:
- A supportive and flexible work environment that empowers employees to pursue both professional and personal goals
- The opportunity to take ownership of your career with an unsurpassed focus on career development and mentorship
- Ongoing and frequent Learning & Development opportunities to improve soft and technical skills
- Visibility and inclusion across Branch projects
- Open and transparent communication from senior and local leadership
- Team building activities/events and a collaborative work environment
What You'll Need:
- The ability to learn quickly and multi-task with strong communication skills, and a solid work ethic
- A passion for, and experience with, site design, creative problem-solving, and mentoring others
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field a plus
- Professional Engineering (PE) license a plus
- Experience in site civil design (stormwater management, grading, soil erosion & sediment control, utilities, etc.)
- Practical experience with civil engineering technology (AutoCAD Civil3D), industry standards water modeling, and storm water modeling programs
Bohler is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.