At Bohler, we empower the ambitious to become the accomplished. We are looking for dependable, responsible, and detail-oriented Crew Chiefs to join our Survey Team. As a Crew Chief, you will collect and manage critical data for the survey staff and engineers to complete dynamic projects and fulfill client needs.
Qualified applicants will be able to work as part of a team to perform boundary, ALTA, topographic, and construction surveys utilizing Robotic Trimble total stations and GPS with Trimble Data Collectors.
Our Charlotte office is looking for a Crew Chief who embodies this purpose.
What You'll Do:
As a Crew Chief, you will:
- Become the leader of the team responsible for all survey work completed in the field
- Be the driving force behind efficient completion of all survey field work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Complete all phases of field work including construction staking, ALTA/boundary/topographic/as-built surveys using Robotic Trimble total stations and GPS with Trimble Data Collectors
- Manage and download all field notes, sketches, plans and raw field data
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to take ownership of your career with an unsurpassed focus on career development and mentorship
- A company vehicle, cell phone and corporate credit card
- A Learning & Development department that facilitates ongoing soft and technical skills training
- Team building activities/events and a collaborative work environment
- Generous benefits and perks- We take pride in providing our employees with a supportive work environment that empowers them to stay healthy, fulfill their passions, and balance work goals and life goals
What You'll Need:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous experience surveying in the field utilizing Robotic Total Station with data collectors
- Willingness to work outdoors for extended periods of time with the physical ability to stand on varied surfaces, walk long distances including harsh terrain, and the ability to withstand seasonal temperatures and various weather conditions
- Ability to perform projects within the established time limits and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Ability to supervise the crew or work independently if necessary.
- A passion for providing an outstanding client and team experience
- The ability to learn quickly, a self-starter mentality, strong communication skills, and a solid work ethic
- The ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Work overtime as needed
Bohler Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.