At Bohler, we empower the ambitious to become the accomplished. This greater purpose connects us with like-minded professionals, fosters meaningful relationships, and generates the alignment necessary to produce an unrivaled consulting and employment experience.
Our New York City office is looking for a Field Engineer who embodies this purpose.
What You'll Do:
As a Field Engineer at Bohler, you will:
- Assist the Engineer of Record in the review process of development construction plans, as-built drawings, roadway and drainage plans, storm water management facilities plans, contract specifications and cost estimates.
- Review and evaluate shop drawings, geotechnical reports and other documents for compliance with the plans and specifications.
- Coordinate and schedule all required inspections with the appropriate permitting agencies having jurisdiction over the work.
- Perform on-site inspections and testing to ensure that work meets construction drawings, engineering design standards and installation guidelines.
- Conduct and attend staff meetings and conferences to discuss development review and other technical matters.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of subcontractors engaged in the testing and inspection of construction and repair of roadways and subdivision projects. Make recommendations and resolve conflicts involving engineering plans and all ancillary plans and project documents.
- Verify that site grading, road alignment and infrastructure work meet the width, depth, grade, elevations, drainage, and mixture specifications.
- Conduct field investigations regarding issues.
- Prepare and maintain NPDES compliance log and associated reports.
What We Offer:
- A supportive and flexible work environment that empowers employees to stay healthy, fulfill their passions, and balance work and life goals
- The opportunity to take ownership of your career with an unsurpassed focus on career development and mentorship
- A Learning & Development department that facilitates ongoing soft and technical skills training
- Complete visibility and exposure to all aspects of a project
- The opportunity to immerse yourself in the design process, while working hand-in-hand with team members
- Open and transparent communication with senior leadership as well as local office management
- Team building activities/events and a collaborative work environment
What You'll Need:
- The ability to learn quickly, along with an assertive curiosity, and a solid work ethic
- Superior customer service skills and the ability to think creatively
- Prior experience working in a construction management, engineering, or architectural capacity
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred
Bohler is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.